About Regenerative Neck and Back Treatment
Author: David Itskevich, DO
Regenerative Orthopedics & Sports Medicine (ROSM) offers a multitude of innovative procedures to address spine conditions by using a patient’s own natural growth factors or cells to stimulate healing. These non-surgical and minimally invasive procedures are done using advanced image-guidance to ensure targeted and precise treatments.
In Lansdowne our regenerative medicine treatments have been successful in alleviating pain and restoring function for the following conditions:
- Neck, mid back, and low back pain
- Cervical, thoracic, and lumbar strains and sprains
- Sciatica/radiculopathy caused by herniated discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Degenerative disc disease, including annular tears
- Arthritis and pain of facet and sacroiliac joints
- Cervicogenic headaches
- Lumbar spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis
Our unique approach to these back and neck treatments is what sets ROSM In Lansdowne apart. Rather than simply treating the findings of an MRI, we take a systematic approach to identify all contributing sources of dysfunction and work to strengthen and support the structures around the spine.
What To Expect
In Lansdowne ROSM’s regenerative medicine process is thorough so that we can achieve longer-lasting results and build a foundation for proper recovery.
- Evaluation – When coming in for an initial visit, you can expect to have an in-depth history and physical exam to identify the source of the issue, as well as a possible biomechanical assessment of contributing areas
- Ultrasound – A diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound exam of the soft tissues that surround and help stabilize the spine may be done to look for areas of injury and restriction
- Supplementary Imaging – A review of current imaging and orders for additional imaging to compare clinical findings and patient complaints to the MRI and/or x-ray results
- Supplementary Diagnostic Procedures – ultrasound and/or fluoroscopic-guided injections to confirm or rule out source of pain prior to recommending optimal
- Treatment – Appropriate treatment options will be presented which may include:
- Ultrasound-guided diagnostic injections to confirm diagnosis
- Ultrasound-guided procedures to stabilize soft tissues in-office (1-2 treatments)
- Fluoroscopic-guided regenerative procedure at surgery center
- Physical Therapy – Collaboration with expert Physical Therapists to promote healing and prevent reinjury, which may include:
- Gradually and strategically add stress to the injured area post-regenerative procedures to facilitate and encourage ongoing recovery
- Rebalance agonist/antagonist muscle groups crucial for providing stability to the spine
- Regain physical activity independence by achieving function-specific goals
- Follow-Ups – Will be discussed and scheduled based on type of procedure
Your Lansdowne regenerative medicine provider will give you specific instructions for recovery based on the type of treatment and targeted area. For fluoroscopic procedures, patients are provided a surgery center pre- and post-op care packet with additional information.